A health study conducted in Denmark which observed knee osteoarthritis (knee pain), determined that weight loss has proven to be a rather effective way prevent the progression of this disease. The SadkhinTherapy® gives patients the ability to reduce weight safely and in a short period of time before surgery. This can help increase the safety and effectiveness of the surgery. A very important part of the SadkhinTherapy® is the Sadkhin Nutritional Plan, which Dr. Sadkhin developed to exclude certain food that cause inflammation to the joints such as: citrus, potato, mushrooms and eggplants, and include foods that can decrease inflammation as well as promote digestion health and effective weight loss.
Below is a recipe including ingredients approved by The Sadkhin Nutritional Plan:
Broccoli and Cherry Salad
- Broccoli (1/4 pound)
- Pitted Cherries (1/2 Pound)
- Ginger (as much as desired for taste)
- *Turmeric (1-2 teaspoons)
- Avocado (1/2 of an avocado)
- Garlic (as much as desired for taste)
- Honey (optional) (up to 2 teaspoons)
- White Wine (Up to 2 Tablespoons)
- Water (Up 2 Ounces) Water will create the proper consistency for dressing
1) Cut or grind the Cherries and Broccoli to desired size.
2) Add White Wine, Water, Ginger,* Turmeric, Avocado and Garlic together and blend until it reaches a smoothie consistency (to use for salad dressing).
3) If desired add Honey to the dressing to give a sweet taste and neutralize the acidity of the white wine.
4) Add Salt and Pepper
You may cover and refrigerate to marinate for added flavor.
* Turmeric, while a virtually tasteless spice, has been used for centuries as miracle seasoning. It is said to relieve everything from aches and pains to eczema and stomach disorders. Using this spice in moderation is useful as well as safe.