MAPLE ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND BEETS
Serves 4 to 6
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 large red beet, peeled and chopped
1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
Zest of 1 orange, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel and chop the butternut squash and the beet into ½” cubes.
3. Place them in a mixing bowl and salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Toss well using your hands and make sure the veggies are all evenly coated.
4. Lay the vegetables out on a large (or two smaller) baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Roast vegetables for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting.
6. Place oven on the broil setting for 3 to 5 minutes in order to crisp up the veggies.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with dried oregano, orange zest, and additional salt if desired.